No, we’re not kidding.
The gazelle-like super-annuated super-sleuth and mate of Mary Poppins has had a bit of a low-point on the highway.
Passers-by saw him seemingly slumped over in the driver’s seat on the shoulder of the Ventura freeway, but actually trying to make a phone call, Van Dyke said.
They “yanked me out of the car” before it went up in flames.
He said he had not realised the Jaguar was on fire.
We wish Mr Van Dyke all the best, and would like to extend our best wishes to all other very-expensive-Jaguar drivers. No, we’re not bitter at all.
Look on the bright side, the Ferrari 458 had a baptism of fire too…
This article was written by Rupert Astbury
- Dick Van Dyke stays loyal to Jaguar despite fire (usatoday.com)
- Dick Van Dyke helps ‘Mary Poppins’ turn 50 (today.com)
- Dick Van Dyke vs How I Met Your Mother (vmiran2.wordpress.com)
- Dick Van Dyke pulled from burning vehicle on California freeway (nfpatoday.blog.nfpa.org)
- Dick Van Dyke Pulled From His Burning Car On L.A. Freeway (buzzfeed.com)